B+M Security was engaged in early 2014 by Palmerston North Airport to provide a digital video solution. With this broad scope in mind and as their incumbent maintenance providers, we worked with key stakeholders from the airport to develop a detailed and fit for purpose solution. Challenges included integrating the existing analogue system whilst building upon this foundation with a market leading solution. Some key features are outlined below:
- External high definition coverage of traffic flow through the terminal ring roads with the ability to identify vehicle registration details on entry and exit-points to the long and short term parking facilities.
- Integrate and encode existing analogue airport terminal cameras under and new Bosch I.P platform.
- Off-site system access to a remote security centre.
- Maintenance of the access control facilities and intruder protection to sensitive, high-security areas and across the airport.
We successfully completed this installation but continue to work with the Airport to ensure warranties, undertake training, maintenance and assessment activities.
Prepared Foods Limited looked to B+M Security to support with the multi-million dollar new build. B+M were tasked with installing and maintaining advanced and fully integrated solution. Works included:
- Supply and installation of an integrated access control and intrusion detection system.
- Installation of interfaced motorised vehicle entry and exit gates and intercom systems.
- Wireless personal panic alarms and specific perimeter security
- Installation of an I.P camera system encoding analogue feeds and the provision of H.D high speed digital cameras capturing specific imagery of process equipment for quality control and audit purposes.
Works were completed on schedule in 2013 although we continue working with Prepared Foods Ltd for monitoring, maintenance, training and defect liability period (DLP) management. Given the system, we are able to offer support and assistance remotely ensuring a timely and cost effective resolution to issues.